1. There are over 7,000 islands that make up the Philippines, each with it’s own adventures and places to explore. Make sure you read up on the island(s) you’re going to as each are different from the last!
2. That being said, many islands you need to fly between so book in advance to get the cheapest deals!
3. Have all the mango shakes possible. They are SO GOOD!!!
4. Prices of tours and activities can add up quickly here compared to the cheap cost of accommodation and food so make sure you plan ahead and budget for this as there are so many amazing things to see and do here!
5. Take public transportation! I travelled Cebu and Palawan and both had bus systems that were very cheap and easy to follow.
6. El Nido on Palawan is much more expensive then the rest of the country. It’s absolutely beautiful here but because of the tourism prices are much higher.
7. El Nido also has a lot of power outages, and when I was there many people were sick from the food/water so be cautious of what you eat!
8. Be prepared for delays into and out of Manila. This airport, although beautiful on the inside, can be a hot mess with lots of delays.
9. When flying domestically into Manila you land at terminal separate from international flights and need to either pay for a taxi to the international terminal or wait (sometimes hours) for a shuttle to the main terminal. This wasn’t really a huge concern but something to be aware of if you have connecting flights.
10. The Philippines has some of the best diving in the world. I got my PADI here and divers from all over the world come here to explore it’s beautiful undersea life.
I loveddddd the Philippines and cannot wait to go back, I hope you enjoy it too!!